Digital business cards are the best way to network in 2023. Why? Because we’ve entered the era of hybrid networking. As an account executive, what this means for you is that it’s time to start thinking about your business network as part online, part offline. You can’t dismiss the value of in-person interactions, just like you can’t ignore the necessity of online connections. In today’s world, being a successful account executive means having an authentic, hybrid business network.
Okay, so hybrid networking. That’s all well and good, but how do account executives make this ideal a reality? How to build BOTH an in-person and online business network?
The answer lies in uniting the two goals: Don’t think of your online and offline connections as separate, combine them into one holistic business network…And this is easy to do if you use a tool like Popl.
Popl digital business cards are the perfect solution for account executives looking to network better and grow their careers in 2023.
Here are some of the top reasons account executives love Popl digital business cards:
- Instant contact exchange
- Automatic, customizable follow-ups
- Online / offline QR codes
- Easy paper-business-card scanning
- Organized contacts
What is a digital business card?
A digital business card is a hybrid-networking tool. It’s part online-profile, part physical product.
Your digital business card URL can be shared like any other URL or people can scan your personalized QR code
Popl empowers account executives not only by making the process of exchanging contact-info quick and seamless, but also by minimizing time-wasting activities like having to manually enter contact information from paper business cards, and sending automated follow-ups.
What is an account executive?
An account executive is a professional responsible for managing and building relationships with clients, typically in a business-to-business setting. They often work in sales or marketing, and their primary goal is to identify new business opportunities and generate revenue for their company by selling products or services to clients. They may also be responsible for maintaining existing client relationships and addressing any concerns or issues that arise.
There are many different types of account executives, and the specific role can vary depending on the industry and company. Some examples include:
- Advertising account executives: These professionals work for advertising agencies and manage relationships with clients, typically businesses or organizations, on behalf of the agency. They may also be responsible for developing and executing advertising campaigns.
- Sales account executives: These professionals work for a variety of companies and industries, and are responsible for selling products or services to clients. They may also be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and generating revenue for their company.
- Technology account executives: These professionals work for technology companies, such as software or hardware companies, and are responsible for selling their products or services to clients. They may also be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and generating revenue for their company.
- Medical device account executives: These professionals work for medical device companies and are responsible for selling their products to hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare providers. They may also be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and generating revenue for their company.
- Pharmaceutical account executives: These professionals work for pharmaceutical companies and are responsible for selling their products to hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare providers. They may also be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and generating revenue for their company.
What does an account executive do?
An account executive is responsible for managing and building relationships with clients, typically in a business-to-business setting. Their primary goal is to identify new business opportunities and generate revenue for their company by selling products or services to clients. They may also be responsible for maintaining existing client relationships and addressing any concerns or issues that arise.
Some of the specific tasks that an account executive may perform include:
- Identifying potential new clients and building relationships with them
- Presenting products or services to clients and answering any questions they may have
- Negotiating contracts and closing deals
- Collaborating with other departments within the company, such as marketing or product development, to ensure that clients' needs are met
- Keeping track of sales and revenue goals and reporting on progress to management
- Staying informed about industry trends and developments and identifying new opportunities for the company
- Participating in networking events and industry conferences to build relationships and generate new business.
So, generally, account executives are responsible for identifying new business opportunities, developing and maintaining client relationships, and generating revenue for their company.
How can digital business cards help account executives?
Instant contact exchange
Being able to instantly share your contact info with a tap, scan, or text is critical for account executives. If you’re building a hybrid network, you have to be able to move fast and make it easy for people to connect with you both online and in-person.
This is also where Popl’s personalized QR code comes in handy. Account executives can use their custom Popl QR to quickly connect – and the QR code is available whether you’re online or not.
Also, you can store your digital business card in your wallet, or add your QR code to iPhone or Android’s homescreen as a widget. With so many ways to share, Popl makes sure you’re always ready to connect.
Synch contacts with your CRM
Popl is not just a tool - it’s a toolbox - as in a way to keep all your existing tools organized. Popl helps account executives integrate and unify their favorite systems and compliments their existing workflow. Digital business cards are easier, not harder, than physical paper cards ever have been or could be.
In addition to CRM synchronization, you can also use Popl to automate your follow ups. Let’s say you want to send all new connections a quick text or email saying “Nice to meet you, and looking forward to talking more in the future.” This can be time consuming if you need to do it over and over on a regular basis. Use Popl to optimize not just your networking, but also your time.
Scan paper business cards
Some people will never update the tech they use. Fine, that’s their choice. But it doesn’t mean that you need to waste time manually uploading info from their paper business cards. Use Popl’s business card scanner to easily upload contact info from paper business cards straight into your contacts and Popl app.
Sell more, sell better
When you exchange digital business cards with a potential client, investor, or partner you can automatically capture their contact information in your CRM. This is a huge time-saver and allows you to keep track of all your leads in one place.
Track leads by location
Popl automatically associates your contacts with a location. This makes it easier to keep everything organized by reminding you not just who you connected with, but where.
Build your business network
Digital business cards make it easy to connect with other professionals and creatives. For example, if you meet another account executive while networking, you can quickly add them to your contacts, send a simple, automated follow up. Digital business cards are about more than contact exchange - although they do that best - they’re about optimizing your time and energy.
Another huge benefit of digital business cards is that they save money. For example, you can use Popl to create and manage your digital business cards. Popl offers a free plan that includes all the features account executive need to get started. Plus, there are no hidden costs or print fees.
Use multiple business cards
The Popl mobile app allows you to create multiple different digital business cards for any situation. You can create a card for your main job, a side job, for events, for personal situations, new ventures, etc. Each card will have it’s own QR code for sharing instantly. The possibilities are endless.
How much does Popl cost?
It's free to set up your Popl digital business card.
The hardware, you pay for.
Popl hardware = Popl card, Popl PhoneTag, etc.
Best digital business cards for account executives
If you’re an account executive, Popl’s digital business cards can and WILL help you connect easier, network better, and stay more organized. Make 2023 the year you take your business networking and career growth to the next level.
More digital business cards
- Digital business cards for sales reps | Popl
- Digital business cards for entrepreneurs | Popl
- Digital business cards for realtors | Popl