It’s 2023, and if you’re a sales associate, then you need a digital business card. Paper business cards are not just obsolete, they may even be losing you money. Why? Because paper business cards usually end up in the trash – people see them as a chore or like junk mail. Digital business cards, on the other hand, are a powerful hybrid networking tool that helps optimize your connections, time, and workflow.
Here are some of the top reasons why Popl is the best digital business card for sales associates:
- Instant contact exchange
- Easy paper-business-card scanning
- Organized contacts
- Actionable notes on leads and new connections
- Minimized time on redundant tasks like follow-ups, etc.
What Is a Digital Business Card?
A digital business card is a hybrid-networking tool. It’s part online-profile, part smart device.
Your digital business card URL can be shared like any other URL or you can save it as a homescreen widget so people can easily scan to connect.
Popl empowers sales managers not only by making the process of exchanging contact-info quick and seamless, but also by minimizing time-wasting activities like having to manually enter contact information from paper business cards, and sending automated follow-ups.
Sales Associate | Overview
A sales associate is a professional primarily responsible for one, selling products and services to consumers and two, for providing outstanding customer service.
Sales associates must be able to identify the needs of customers, help them locate the products they are looking for, process payments quickly and efficiently, describe in detail the pros and cons of specific products, and the like. Working as a sales associate in some industries is the best entry point into a sales profession. It provides direct and invaluable sales experience. Other times, such as in luxury industries, sales associate positions pull in huge commissions and very much represent a career destination rather than a stepping stone.
They may also be required to track and report sales data in order to identify areas for improvement and to ensure that the business is operating effectively. In order to be successful in this role, sales associates must be able to think on their feet, remain organized and motivated, and provide customers with the highest level of service.
Important sales associate job skills include:
- Communication skills: the ability to effectively and clearly communicate with customers and other stakeholders.
- Customer service: the ability to provide excellent customer service, including building rapport and managing customer expectations.
- Product knowledge: a good understanding of the products and services being sold, as well as their features, benefits, and limitations.
- Active listening: the ability to listen actively to customers to understand their needs and concerns, and provide appropriate solutions.
- Persuasion and negotiation: the ability to persuade and negotiate effectively with customers to close sales and achieve win-win outcomes.
- Adaptability and flexibility: the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and customer needs, and to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail: the ability to pay close attention to detail, especially when processing orders and handling customer information.
- Time management: the ability to manage one's time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet sales goals and deadlines.
- Team player: the ability to work effectively as part of a team and contribute to a positive work environment.
Sales Associate vs Sales Representative
A sales representative is a B2B-focused role involving selling products and services from one company to another. Sales associates are B2C and sell products and services directly to the consumers.
Digital Business Cards for Sales Associates
Sell More, Sell Better
When you exchange digital business cards with a potential client, investor, or partner you can automatically capture their contact information in your CRM. This is a huge time-saver and allows you to keep track of all your leads in one place.
Instant Contact Exchange
Instantly sharing your contact info with a tap, scan, or text is critical for sales professionals. With in-person sales you have to be able to move fast and make it easy for people to connect with you both online and in-person.
This is also where Popl’s personalized QR code comes in handy. Your team can use their custom Popl QR to quickly connect – and the QR code is available whether you’re online or not.
Scan Paper Business Cards
Some people will never update the tech they use. Fine, that’s their choice. But it doesn’t mean that you need to waste time manually uploading info from their paper business cards. Use Popl’s business card scanner to easily upload contact info from paper business cards straight into your contacts and Popl app.
Build Your Business Network
Digital business cards make it easy to connect with other professionals and creatives. For example, if you meet other sales associates while networking, you can quickly add them to your contacts, send a simple, automated follow up.
Digital business cards are about more than contact exchange - although they do that best - they’re about optimizing your time and energy.
Another huge benefit of digital business cards is that they save money. For example, you can use Popl to create and manage your digital business cards. Popl offers a free plan that includes all the features sales associates need to get started. Plus, there are no hidden costs or print fees.
Build Multiple Business Card Profiles
The Popl mobile app allows you to create multiple unique digital business card profiles so you’re equipped for any situation. You can create a card for your main job, your side hustle, for specific events, whatever you need!
Best Digital Business Card for Sales Associates
If you’re a sales associate, Popl’s digital business cards will help you connect with customers, build your network, stay more organized – and, ultimately, optimize and maximize your sales performance. Make this the year you take your business cards to the next level with Popl.
More digital business cards
- Digital business cards for sales managers | Popl
- Digital business cards for account executives | Popl
- Digital business cards for outside sales reps | Popl